Saturday, November 15, 2014

Boston

Tyler and I just returned from a fun weekend getaway in Boston.  We try to make at least one away OU football game or a Thunder game every year.  We had never been to Boston, so seeing the Thunder play the Celtics was the perfect excuse to visit the city!  Just our luck, three days after we booked our trip Durant got hurt and then Westbrook went down shortly after.  We were still more than happy to cheer on our ailing Thunder while exploring a new city!

We just happened to stop by the Ritz where the Thunder were staying for a few pre game drinks and lucky us we found the team!  Not planned at all ;)  A picture with Durant and a convo with Westbrook was the highlight of my trip!

 I will treasure this picture FOREVER!  Thank you KD!

My Uncle Stephen surprised us by showing up at the game!  Great to see him! 

Boston was absolutely beautiful with all the leaves changing colors!  Unfortunately I only had my iphone so the pictures don't do it justice!



The duck tour gave us an amazing tour of Boston and a great refresher on American history!   

 The second most photographed street in the US, Acorn Street.
 We stumbled across some of my Winslow ancestors in this old cemetery.  It brought me back to the all the genealogy projects I did in high school!
Tyler and I loved Boston and we loved our time together!  We even saw a movie during the day, that never happens!  Although we had a great time, we were more than ready to get home to the kiddos.  I missed them so much!  Thank you Mimi for watching the kids and taking such good care of them!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment