Sunday, April 12, 2020

Arbuckle Wilderness

This week was our first full week of official distance learning put on by Edmond Public Schools.  To say we had a few challenges is an understatement.  We had gotten into our own school routine the previous two weeks, so when the official distance learning rolled out we were back at square one with finding a new routine.  Come Friday we all needed a field trip and some fun away from home.  Tyler was off for Good Friday so the day was even sweeter!

We loaded up and headed south to the Arbuckle Wilderness!  Food in hand and we were ready to feed the animals breakfast!











These donkeys gave us the BEST laughs!!!  They surrounded our car for 10+ mins not allowing us to cross the cattle-guard.  Tyler honked, nudged them with the car and nothing phased them.  They were just too eager for their food!  We were all rolling laughing! 
 This zebra was a car favorite!!!




Tyler was excited this bison was paying us a visit, UNTIL he took that first aggressive bite from the cup and his whole head filled the window.  The cup instantly became the bison's and we were off!

 This ostrich made me a nervous wreck!  Lots of squeals came from our car while feeding with this guy!
 Next up, we visited the Chickasaw Recreational Park in Sulphur, OK, for a hike, picnic and fishing!  We were so glad our cousins came to join!  These five love each other BIG!!!

Melts my heart!





Such a fun day with my crew!  I needed this outing more than I knew.  I needed a day without my new responsibilities of being a teacher, coach, etc.  I wanted a day of doing what I love most, being a mom and having fun with my three! 

No comments:

Post a Comment