Friday, June 30, 2023

"Happy" 40th

My 40th birthday will definitely be a birthday I won't forget!!!  On my birthday eve I woke up feeling great!  It was the last "day" before our kids came home from camp that afternoon.  I crammed in a morning workout, brought one dog to the vet, cleaned 5M, ran to the mall to look for a birthday outfit for my 40th party  . . . but by lunch I started feeling sick.  I rushed home from the mall and made it home just in time before getting sick.  Unfortunately I progressively felt worse throughout the afternoon.  Tyler knew it was bad when I called him at work saying he had to leave work to pick up the kids.   After 4 days of not seeing the kids something serious had to be stopping me from pickup!   That evening my pain was SO severe.  I went from the couch to the toilet to the hot bath, on repeat the entire night!  By morning I was crawling to the bathroom from pain!  

Fast forward to my birthday morning . . . Tyler had to run into work so Stan and Jeanne came to the rescue to help with the kids.  Tyler and I were hoping the illness would pass and I would be good for my big 40th birthday bash that evening.  I think Tyler was hopeful, but I knew the pain I was feeling wasn't going to pass by evening.  

Stan and Jeanne insisted on taking me to the ER that morning and so glad they did.  After running a few scans they instantly knew I had appendicitis and it was a severe case.  Honestly, that hadn't really crossed my mind since I was throwing up.  I actually thought it was a terrible case of food poisoning.  Tyler left work and rushed to the hospital just in time for my ambulance transfer to the hospital!

If this doesn't say welcome to your 40's I'm not sure what does!!!
By surgery time my appendix had perforated so I had to spend the night in the hospital to have IV antibiotics over night!  I never knew how severe having an appendix burst could be!  I now will encourage anyone with severe pain to head straight at the ER . . . like the surgeon said "severe pain is never food poisoning."  
Thankful for all our family for helping with the kids and being by my side during this scary day!
Definitely not the birthday present I had expected but I ended up getting lots of birthday rest in the hospital!
The next day I came home to this which definitely made me feel loved and celebrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment