Thursday, February 9, 2012

Routine

I never imagined my life being so schedule orientated but with twins it seems necessary. After the first two weeks we started implementing a fairly structured routine for the twins. They basically eat everyday at 9:00 am, 12:00 pm, 3:00 pm, 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm and then in the middle of the night around 2:30-3ish and then again around 6:00. Between each feeding I'm trying my best to keep them awake for at least 30 minutes however they are so sleepy. They usually make up for it at some point during the day and stay awake for a few hours at once. Jackson set the record by staying awake for 4 hours straight last Friday night! We start our nighttime routine at 8:30 with bath time followed by a book and then their 9:00 feeding.

I’m hoping the routine leads to sleeping through the night in the near future or at least within the next month or two.  That would make this mama extremely HAPPY!  The schedule also allows us to make plans around their feeding times.  It’s not so simple to whip out two bottles in public to feed Jackson and Harper and when you are alone it’s impossible. So basically don’t plan on seeing the Miller’s out in public at 9, 12, 3, 6 or 9.
On another note, the twins officially have spots at daycare.  Of course the spots are available this Friday  which means we “get” to pay for daycare for a month when I’m at home.  Oh well, we will take it!!!  We are bringing the twins to meet their teacher next week.   I’m sure their teacher will fall in love with them immediately, I mean who wouldn’t!

No comments:

Post a Comment