Sunday, April 24, 2016

OKC Memorial Marathon

The OKC Memorial Marathon is one of my favorite weekends and definitely my favorite event in OKC.  It is so much more than training and running a relay, 1/2 or full.  It is about remembering and celebrating those 168 lives lost 21 years ago in the first act of domestic terrorism in the US.  It is about supporting the hundreds that survived and the thousands that were impacted by the tragedy.  And it is about a city coming together like we always do to support and cheer each other on.  A great reminder of why I love OKC and am so proud to call it home. 

This year I did a marathon relay with the Bella Terra Blondies.  Blessed with fun and blonde neighbors :)
I had the best and most loving cheerleaders.  Wasn't sure if I was going to break away!


While I did a measly 6 miles, Auntie Steph completed her first FULL marathon.  All that had work and training paid off.  You finished!


And Uncle Z did the 1/2!

So much fun participating and cheering on all the runners, especially our family runners!
 Uncle David flew in from LA to run the full with Steph.  Such a great support and cheerleader to help Steph make it through.  Great seeing crazy man, Uncle David.
Much needed post race mimosas!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment