Monday, July 4, 2011

First Post

Well I have finally caved and have started a blog.  After religiously reading friends blogs over the past year I have decided I needed a little blog of my own.  I think this might be a good substitute for scrapbooking which takes way too long and is super expensive.  

This might be a long first blog post but I have something good to talk about, trust me they won't all be this long.  Tyler and I just got back home from an AMAZING vacation on the small island of Anguilla, in the Caribbean.  This vacation could not have come at a better time, not only did we escape the 100 degree heat in OKC but we also got a much needed break from our crazy work lives.  And boy did we get a break, we basically laid by the beach every morning and moved to the pool each afternoon.  I usually have a hard time relaxing but for some reason I had NO problem this past week and it was glorious!

We flew this little 8 passenger plane from Puerto Rico to Anguilla.  I think Continental should have had a warning while booking about the plane size!  We survived, just barely on the way back.  I had a serious anxiety attack while flying through a storm and I actually let out a loud scream when we dropped in the air.  I'm pretty sure that we will never again fly on a plane this small!



We stayed at the most phenomenal hotel, the Viceroy.  We later found out it is quite the celebrity hangout.  Last December Michael Jordan, Derek Jeter and Minka Kelly, 50 Cent and Ellen DeGeneres were hotel guests.  Unfortunately we did not have any star sightings except for a few NBA bball players.


The Viceroy had an infinity pool that had the best view of the ocean.  I could definitely handle laying and napping by the pool every day.

The beaches in Anguilla were absolutely PERFECT, white sand and crystal clear warm water.  Shoal Bay is rated one of the top beaches in the world.  In the last beach picture, St. Martin is the mountainous background.
And then of course there are plenty of pics of Tyler and I.

We rented a car for two days to explore the island and the various beaches. I think this might be Tyler's next car :)

All in all we had an amazing time on vacation.  Unfortunately we are back to reality and the daily grind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment