Thursday, December 22, 2011

34 Weeks!!!

I can’t believe we are already at 34 weeks!  With the holidays approaching, preparing for the twins arrival and the normal day to day activities time is flying by.  I am trying to squeeze in as many things as possible these last few weeks knowing that my time will be extremely limited in the near future.  I have been enjoying lots of QT with the hubby, lunch and dinner with friends, Thunder games and of course a little pampering with mani/pedis.  Up to this point I haven’t slowed down much.  Tyler is waiting for the day that I want to rest and relax, but I don’t foresee that happening.  
 
With the arrival of the twins quickly approaching, we have been put on house arrest for the holidays.  I’m definitely not complaining!  Tyler and I are looking forward to spending our first Christmas at home.  We have loaded up the weekend with plenty of fun things such as dinner at the Ranch (YUMMMMM) and the Christmas Carol play Friday night, we are volunteering at the Red Andrews Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve before heading to church, and of course the Thunder game on Christmas.  My family will be in town so we will have plenty of company and good food to enjoy. 

Now for the most important part, the 34 week twinnie update .  . .

We are now going in for weekly doctor’s appointments and stress tests. This week we also had an ultrasound.  Tyler and I couldn’t ask for a more perfect Christmas gift than knowing that Jackson and Harper are healthy and happy.  Our Dr. is aiming for a delivery around January 10th.  That would put us past the 36 week mark which is when the babies lungs are fully developed.  If we can make it to at least the 10th the twins should come home with us immediately.  I have no doubt they will stay nice and snug until the 10th.  They were looking pretty cozy during the ultrasound!  This weekend we will be installing the carseats and packing my bag just in case they make any early arrival.

Twins Size:  Jackson is 4 lbs. 11 oz and Harper is 4 lb. 10 oz. – the ultrasound tech said that although they were measuring these sizes they are probably closer to 4 lbs

Twins Heart Rates:  Jackson 138 bpm and Harper 133 bpm – during the stress tests we get to monitor the twins heart rates to make sure that as they move their heart rates increase.  We get to hear their little heartbeats for about an hour each week.

Cravings:  definitely sweets!  And I’m starting to crave a glass of wine.  I think all the Christmas parties brought on this craving. 

Room Update:  The nursery is almost complete!  I hope to post pics within the next week.  I think Jackson and Harper are going to LOVE their room.

34 week bump pic!
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment