Friday, May 24, 2013

Oklahoma Strong, Oklahoma Proud

Feeling extremely blessed and fortunate after the devastation that struck Moore, Oklahoma on Monday afternoon.  The May 20th tornado hit way too close to our old home.  I have been glued to the TV watching 24 hour coverage of an area that I know all to well.  Seeing buildings, homes, schools and stores that I passed on a daily basis completely destroyed is heartbreaking!  I am so thankful all my Real Housewives of Talavera ladies are safe and sound.  

Oklahoma is a close knit family!  There is a reason people move to Oklahoma, stay and call it home.  I am proud to call myself an Okie and love calling this state home.  Oklahomans have huge hearts, are giving, resilient and strong.  I see and experience this everyday but with a tragedy like the May 20th tornado the rest of the world gets to see the Oklahoma way.  Moore will rebuild and become even stronger.  They have done it before and will do it again.




No comments:

Post a Comment