Thursday, May 9, 2013

Road to Recovery

Jackson has battled ear infections, wheezing and coughing since the day he was born.  He has been on countless antibiotics, daily breathing treatments, tubes in his ears, etc . . . we will try anything to help little man feel better.  So on Tuesday we took the next step and had Jackson's adenoids removed.  Surgery went well and of course the Dr. said his adenoids were infected when they were removed.  That made me certain we made the right decision! 

Little man pre surgery at 6:15 am!
 

I had visions of taking pictures of my peaceful little man waking up from the anesthesia and being so angelic . . . boy was I wrong!  No one warned me of babies reactions to anesthesia!  Here is my warning to all parents, be prepared for a crazy child, screaming, kicking, thrashing their head, etc.  Completely understandable because babies can't grasp what is going on with their bodies but it definitely makes for a LONG recovery.  It took exactly 2 hours for Jackson's anesthesia to wear off.

Luckily Mimi came to the rescue and stayed home with Jackson the remainder of the week.  He is still recovering but I'm hoping that we will see a big difference come next week.  Fingers crossed.  In the meantime, little man has been and will continue to get a lot of TLC!

No comments:

Post a Comment